FFS bagging installation for potato flakes at Van Remoortel
Van Remoortel, whose best-known brand is Remo-frit, was looking for an FFS bagging installation for packaging potato flakes. We provided a tailored solution to achieve the desired speed, height, cleanability and other requirements of the company.
Potato flakes are a residual product created during the production of potato chips. The flakes are generally 1-5 mm in size. Van Remoortel was looking for a bagging installation that could pack these flakes into tubular film bags weighing between 10- 25 kg.
Bagging installation that forms, fills and closes.
We installed an M.T.B. IN-PL bagging machine that forms, fills and seals the bags. Some features of the machine in use at Van Remoortel:
- Packing is carried out fully automatically.
- The entire machine is made of stainless steel due to food safety and ATEX requirements.
- The machine has rounded, polished corners inside to prevent residue remains.
- The bagging installation has been deliberately made at a low height to make it easy to inspect and clean.
- The flakes are packed at a slow pace, but the machine runs completely autonomously for hours and hours.
- The product is weighed with a gross weigher in the bag itself.
- The machine makes foil bags from a continuous tube roll. The foil can be printed.
- Before the bags are sealed, they are well shaken and all the air is removed. This makes the bags easily stackable.
- The bagging installation complies with the ATEX standard, which is a standard for machines that must be equipped against possible explosions involving products.
Which product do you want to package?
Are you looking for the correct packaging solution for your product? Our simulation tool will provide you with a clear overview of the best solution for your specific situation. Click here and start filling!